Party Wall Surveyors
Party Wall Surveyors undertake numerous different roles through the process of agreeing a Party Wall Award
Party Wall Surveyors undertake numerous different roles through the process of agreeing a Party Wall Award; commonly these may include:
- Reviewing all of building owner’s plans, structural designs and drawings.
- Visiting the adjoining owner’s property in advance of the Party Wall works commencing to undertake a photographic schedule and detailed written Schedule of Condition Report. This thorough report then acts as a record in the event of damage or issue.
- Putting in place any protection statements covering the adjoining owner’s property that the building owner’s contractor or workmen will then adhere to during the course of the Party Wall works.
- Dealing with issues such as the contractor’s working hours, noisy works, access and nuisance.
- Agreeing a Party Wall Award, which is a legal document protecting the adjoining owner’s property against any damage. A Party Wall Award is often referred to as a Party Wall Agreement.
- Visiting the adjoining owner’s property before, during and after the construction works to ensure the Party Wall Award is being adhered to while also ensuring the adjoining owner is fully protected.